- Department introduction
- Department of Nursing in Far East University : Beauty of caring, action of love
Department of Nursing
- The Department of Nursing educates professional nurses in the individual, familial, group and community systems of healthcare based on the dignity of and respect to human life. Nursing students can pursue a career as clinical nurses in hospitals or other healthcare fields. They can also acquire international nursing license to seek nursing jobs abroad as health professionals for the global era.
- The Department of Nursing develops and researches a body of knowledge on nursing to educate professional nurses with field expertise. In 2015, the Department was accredited by the Korean Accreditation Board of Nursing Education to support the consistent and qualitative growth of the nursing education, heighten the status of nursing education, and accelerate its development.
- The Department of Nursing educates holistic nurses to contribute to the good of the nation, people and humanity through diligence, cooperation and creativity based on the realization of humanitarianism which is the educational philosophy of Far East University. The Department fosters professional nurses with the following qualities: first, integrity through emphasizing volunteerism and cooperative attitudes by creatively developing one’s skills and free thinking; second, scientific problem-solving skills and professionalism as health leaders demanded by the society and nation; and third, international leadership in the era of globalization.
- This Department fosters qualified professionals as international leaders, humanitarian volunteers, creative experts, rational nursing professionals based on the educational visions of acting love and beauty of caring.
Educational program overview
|First Year||Introduction to Nursing, Human Growth and Development, Nursing Terminology, Human Physiology, Human Anatomy, Understanding World Nursing, Professional Development and Career Planning, Basic Liberal Arts, Core Competence Building|
|Second Year||Basic Nursing I, Basic Nursing Practice I, Pathology, Pharmacology, Health Education, Health Statistics, Health Nursing for Modern Women, Adult Nursing I, Nursing Process, Basic Nursing II, Basic Nursing Practice II, Adult Nursing, Development and Assessment of Health Programs, Nursing Information and Practice, Health Assessment, Health Assessment Practice and Maternity Nursing I, Adult Nursing Practice I, Pediatric Nursing I, Nursing Research I, Clinical Basics Practice, Adult Nursing III, Local Community Nursing I, Gerontological Nursing, Psychiatric Nursing I, Maternity Nursing II, Pediatric Nursing II, Maternity Nursing Practice I, Pediatric Nursing Practice I, Adult Nursing Practice II, Local Community Nursing II, Nursing Research II, Adult Nursing Practice III, Simulation Practice|
|Third Year||Nursing Management, Psychiatric Nursing Practice I, Adult Nursing Practice IV, Pediatric Nursing Practice II, Local Community Nursing Practice I, Adult Nursing IV, Maternity Nursing Practice II, Psychiatric Nursing II, Integrated Nursing Practice I, Medical Laws, Nursing Ethics, Local Community Nursing Practice II, Psychiatric Nursing Practice II, Nursing Management Practice, Professional Jobs and Global Leaders, Emergency Nursing, Integrated Nursing Practice II|
|Fourth Year||Nursing Management, Psychiatric-Mental Nursing Practice I, Adult Health Nursing Practice IV, Pediatric Nursing Practice II, Local Community Nursing Practice I, Adult Health Nursing IV, Maternity Nursing Practice II, Psychiatric-Mental Nursing II, Nursing Performance Integrated Practice I, Medical Laws, Nursing Ethics, Local Community Nursing Practice II, PsychiatricMental Nursing Practice II, Nursing Management Practice, Professions and Global Leader, Emergency Nursing, Nursing Performance Integrated Practice II|
- Clinical nurses in university hospitals and general hospitals
- Professional nurses after completing the special nursing program and certification in healthcare, anesthesia, psychiatry, family, infection management, industry, emergency, gerontology, clinical patient, hospice, etc.
- Healthcare teachers in elementary, middle and high schools; civil servants in healthcare
- Maternity nurse, emergency rescuers, industrial nurse
- Nursing officers in the military
- Overseas nurse with an international license