- Department introduction
- Cultivating special education experts with integrity
Department of Secondary Special Education
- The Department of Secondary Special Education trains future teachers who can help youths with disabilities graduate school, advance to society and pursue their dreams. Our Department does not only focus on producing simply qualified teachers but also cultivating them as special education experts with kindred spirt and rational thinking skills. The Department of Secondary Special Education at Far East University intends to contribute to the development of special education and teaching community by fostering innovative and committed special education teachers with a clear sense of duty and expertise.
- The Department of Secondary Special Education is equipped with the curriculum of theoretical studies on special education and a variety of extracurricular activities to gain field experience. Also, the Department provide current students with substantial information and data on career exploration, and a counselling system for effective campus life and career concerns.
The Department of Secondary Special Education sets the following goals to develop ‘field-oriented special education teachers.’
- 1. Fostering professional special education teachers with experiences and knowledge base in special education
- 2. Fostering proactive special education teachers who actively participate in the development of special education
- 3. Fostering committed and researching special education teachers to improve the issues in the field of education
- 4. Fostering cooperative special education teachers who consider multiple areas
- The Department of Secondary Special Education provides a balanced curriculum of theories and practice, promote effective campus life through counselling and a variety of student activities, and systemic career advice to produce qualified professionals in special education.
Educational program overview
|First Year||Theory of Handicapped Welfare, Human Relationship in Teaching Career, Growth and Development of Children with Special Needs, Creativity and Special Education, First Aid and CPR, Parental Counselling on Children with Disability, Behavioral Guidance on Children with Special Needs, Teaching Career and Society, Theory of Special Education|
|Second Year||Sign Language, Education for Students with Intellectual Disability, Education for Students with Physical Disability, Education for Students with Visual Disability, Education for Students with Hearing Disability, Education for Students with Emotional and Behavioral Disability, Braille and Walking Practice, Transitional Education for Students with Special Needs|
|Third Year||Curriculum for Students with Special Needs, Social Skill Guidance for Students with Special Needs, Education for Students with Communication Disability, Diagnosis and Assessment for Students for Special Education, Education for Students with Autistic Disability, Education for Students with Learning Disability, Theory of Special Education Curriculum, Language Education for Students with Special Needs|
|Fourth Year||Education for Students with Severe or Dual Disability, Theory of Integrated Education for Students with Disability, Special Education Engineering, Education for Students with Developmental Disability, Intermediary Special Education|
Special school upon graduation (Elementary-certification : certificate in secondary special education (full teaching license from 2nd grade))
- Secondary Special education teacher (intermediate and senior divisions at special schools, special education classes in general middle and high schools).
- Elementary special education teachers (if double majored in Elementary Special Education).
- Special education teachers in the community center for the disabled and general social welfare center.
- Special education teachers at private special schools.
- Graduate schools in Korea and other countries.
- Research jobs at research institutes on special education
- Administrators in special education, etc.